October 28, 2017 In Food
Coconut Vegetable Soup + Crispy Tofu
This coconut and vegetable soup is so easy and bursting with flavour..
- pint veg stock
- can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- inch of ginger
- 1 small onion
- doterra lemongrass essential oil or a stick of lemongrass
- spring onion
- red pepper
- fresh mint
- green beans
- chilli flakes
- salt / pepper
- tamari soy sauce
Although I’ve listed veggies, you can just use whatever vegetables you’ve got in the fridge!
What to do:
- Saute all the veggies (but not the mushrooms and spring onion), garlic, ginger for a few minutes to soften..
- Add the seasonings and give it a good mix..then add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. If you are using a lemongrass stick, add that in now. Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms a few minutes towards the end so that they stay firm and don’t go mushy. Also add the lemongrass oil at this point if using.
- Take the soup of the heat. Fry some tofu in a pan with some Tamari until nice and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl.. Add the tofu and also top with spring onion, coriander, mint and a squeeze of lime.